Proposals for affordable housing led schemes to meet local housing needs on Rural Exception Sites’ in Fowey Parish and in line with relevant policies within this Plan will be supported provided that:
1. The development is small scale.
2. It comprises 100% affordable housing, unless it can be clearly shown that a scheme will not be viable without the inclusion of a limited amount of open market housing to enable the provision of affordable houses for local needs and comprising no less than 50% affordable housing.
3. The development is adjacent to or well-related to the existing boundaries of the built-up area identified in Policy 3.
4. Proposals for the site conserve and enhance the AONB, the Conservation Areas and their settings and reflect the settlement’s special historic, architectural and landscape character.
5. Development should avoid land and those settlement edges identified as ‘Critical’ or ‘Sensitive’ (see Fowey LLCA).
6. Such development is not used to extend the development boundary.